Thursday, July 25, 2013

Graffiti Lover

Graffiti lover

You can trace the outlines
While I trace your frame in my mind.
Take your time and get every accent every contour.
Every time you run your fingers Over my ink girl
The hair on my neck stands.

She's fascinated
With the fashion statement
That my skin displays
Because her parents
Find it distasteful
To have your pigment tainted
With vivid paintings.
But this art has been around
Since the ancients,
And I appreciate that she appreciates it.

Too much pain for her though,
One of those things
She tends to stray from.
I tell her it's a mind over matter thing
And its only for a while
It's not a lasting pain.
But she'd rather
Skip the needle altogether
I can't blame her, I had to tell her as long as you
You stay the way you are
Me and you forever
Might as well be tagged across my arm.

No comments: